- Describe one thing you learned in class today.
Transitions should be placed on the main property as it will effect any pseudo classes put in place.
2. Have you ever worked with retina graphics? If so, when and what techniques did you use?
I am not sure if the icon library in fontawesome would classify for this or not. But also as I haven’t been using scaled image sizes, I suppose I know in some cases.
3. What is the CSS display property. Can you give a few examples of its use?
This property shows how items will display within the webpage. Elements will have default, either inline or block, but you can use the display property to reassign how the item displays. Such as making a block item, inline, or vice versa. You can also use this property to assign flex box, grid and even hide items by using display: none.
4. What are the advantages/disadvantages of using CSS pre-processors?
Advantages are it they are faster, allow you to link or reuse previously used code. These processes may give more advantages though for cross browser CSS.
The disadvantages are you need to make sure everyone on your team is using the same processor, or it might cause confusion. Sometimes the resulting code will be much larger than you would write.
5. Describe z-index and how stacking context is formed.
This is the content on items laid on top of one other based on their position in perspective from the viewport. Items placed on the z-index will stack on top of one another, Like pieces of paper on top of one another.
You can reposition their location using the z-index. This may be effected by position locations, the type of elements.
6. Have you used different HTML templating languages before? What are they and what do you think about them?
To the best of my knowledge, I have not used any other template languages.